Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Butterflies don't carry rocks...


“Butterflies don’t carry rocks.”

The sun is shining, it's almost 85 degrees out. I woke up today…Smiling. I wake up smiling on most days when I have more than six hours sleep. I am blessed to know I can share some of my most inner thoughts with people I will never meet and possibly make a small difference in someone else’s life.

Someone wrote to me recently and asked about a quote I posted a while back, “Butterflies don’t carry rocks,” and where the quote was derived from. Well, it’s a long story and a very personal one that dates back over forty years. The saying is an old philosophy in a new time that I try to live by each day soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning. I am still in the healing process from some vicious physical and emotional wounds that have plagued my entire adult life. There are many people and things to consider and as of these writing, I’m not sure I want to stand here in front of everyone in my full nakedness and thoroughly expose myself.

What I will tell at this writing is, I have a couple very special people who have come back into my life through strange circumstances. If you believe in Divine Design, and every thing has it’s time, then you will understand what I’m talking about. These special friends have become my inspiration, and have opened something within me that has been locked away for many years by sharing their own personal diaries. Their stories helped me open the suppressed memories and experiences that I locked away in the furthermost-cobwebbed corner of my mind. When we communicate openly, my senses flow, from my heart and my mind, hence, healing is taking place.

So, in response to the question, here is the answer—Butterflies are beautiful, fascinating creatures. If they carried rocks, they would never be able to fly free.
If we continue to be burdened by our troubles, we will never know our true potential and thus, never soar!

Peace, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I hope some day you are willing to share your pain. There are many of us who have walked a similar path and I want to know how you are doing it. Keep the faith. Tonya W.

Pam said...

Our friend of the Blog line. See how many peoples life's you have touched out there by your dainty little fingers striking these keys!
OX